Tech PD Phases for Teachers
Introduction to the SAMR Model - Video
Professional Learning Communities (PLC) models schools
- Henry County Schools, GA - Personalized Learning
- High Tech High, CA - Project Based Learning
- Innovations High School, UT - Blended Learning
- Wasatch High School, UT - Digital Learning
- Newton County School District, GA - Flipped Classroom
- Gurnee School District, IL - Device Deployment and Use
- Edina School District. MN - 1:1 Sustainability
- Henrico County Public Schools, VA - Rubrics for 21st Century Learning Implementation
- Huston Independent School District, TX - Vision and 1:1 Implementation Plan
- Manchester Public Schools, CT - Modeling Technology as a Tool
- Clear Creek Independent School District, TX - 1:1 Implementation and Professional Development
A good plan...executed now is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow. -General George S. Patton
Gadgets and Software - A time to try new equipment and/or software and a time to update skills on current equipment and software. This is an opportunity to two work together on making classroom technology even more effective.
Trend Exploration (The Horizon Report) - Each year the school district technology staff will help identify the best resources for information on current technology trends. Summer Camp is an ideal setting to share discoveries with other colleagues engaged in the digital transition. Over the past two years Logan City School District technology staff has looked to the follow to guide our training.
- Using CoSN for policy and leadership,
- Using ISTE research and information for teacher professional development,
- ISTE Video Conferencing (VC) and CLIC for ideas about projects and collaborations in all subject areas.
- The Christiansen Institute for information on Blended Learning Models,
- Using iNacol standards for guidance in online instructional models,
- Referring to the Partnership for 21st Century Learning and Project Red for developing technology resources,
- Following the ConnectEd Initiative from the White House for Knowlegde and Skills development focus,
- Following AXL Academic Excellence with Education First and Prosperity 2020 for Utah Technology Initiatives,
- UEN for educational and technical support services.
- UtahSaint for data security updates.
- Common Sense Media for school and community resource, the SAMR Model, and additional implementation guidelines.
- Interested in Future Ready Schools for guidance in 21st Century professional activities.
- Interested in eLearn Institute for self-paced professional development about project based learning and blended learning.
- Guide to Implementing Digital Learning (GIDL) from SETDA.
- The Employability Skills Framework and Integrating Employability Skills: A Framework for All Educators as a guide to integrating academic skills, employability skills, and technicals skill to maximize the potential of the 21st Century learner.